This week, I could pick another peer’s algorithmic art’s procedure to complete. I decided to do “Musical Drawing,” by Christian Posada.
These are the steps that I followed:
“1. Listen to one of your favorite songs
2. While listening, close your eyes
3. With a black marker, draw one continuous line/squiggle/circle on a blank paper, without lifting the tip of the marker for 30 seconds
4. Open your eyes and stop drawing
5. Use 4 different colors to color in the gaps between the line/squiggle/circle that you drew
6. Once you are satisfied with our art piece, stop.
7. Admire your artwork!”
I listened to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PotB76gi2_4 while doing the procedure.
I grabbed the first four markers I found, and started to color!
Overall, I liked this activity. I would swing my marker to the beat of the song, and it created some cool effects.